Sunday, April 6, 2014

Love Yourselves like You Love your Children

Thought For the Week Rev. Ed Kosak Charleston Unity
 
From the Rev. Barry Dennis: How we love our chldren is how we need to love ourselves. It is amazing to me how EJ and Eman just STOLE their way into Erin's and my heart. No effort needed, it just happened. A love that we feel for no other humans. Complete, total, unconditional. Of course, growing up changes things a bit, but I remember when my sister Cheech died, my mom was devastated. Love for children is pretty incredible.
But my point, Barry's point, is how great would it be if we could love ourselves the way we love our kids. Capture the feeling you have for a child, and transfer it to the feeling for yourself. MAKE IT A FEELING NOT A THOUGHT. Make it an experience, not just imaginative. Then, find other ways to make the feeling/experience grow in you. 
One of the reasons I love Unity is because in its writings, references are made to how we need to be more childlike, especially the classic book Lessons in Truth. I love that aspect of Unity.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you ...

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
 

 
 


No comments: