Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More on Vipassana

Comment by Ron Alexander Welcome back, Drmike, thanks for posting your experience, as I am looking forward to my ten dayer at end of July. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't most meditations teach not to pay attention to physical sensations? peace, ron Comment by drmike 1 hour ago Hey folks,

I'm glad to be back and was astounded by the tool given to me by the Vipassana retreat. A real way to tap into the unconscious by observing physical sensations. To stand in indifference to aversions,and cravings, while generating wisdom from within ourselves is an incredible task. To live within this moment is a miraculous task.

Best,
Mike

Ron,

To answer the question this technique encourages you to make use of all your sensations. This will be the connection you have with that "subconscious" mind that is causing all the havoc.

But I don't want to ruin it for you. Each one will have his own experience.

This is a great overview if you want to see/hear it, but in general just allow yourself a willingness to just be taught, without anxiety regarding expectations....


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSxVYp3X6Yk


Peace,
Mike

No comments: