Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Important distinction between being spiritual and positive...

Unify's photo.
Unify
Thoughts?

 Equanimity holds the balance
 Nancy Odle: I would say, in the strict sense of meaning, Ra, no. Sometimes authenticity can mean more than balance. Think righteous anger. Anger is such a misunderstood emotion. It is authentic and not to be ignored...I often say to my husband (who is one of the most balanced people I know), I want to hear your righteous anger. It is import
Anne Matthews Authentic mean (to me) to be aware of what you are really experiencing on a feeling level and not denying it, but rather accepting it. Then one does not say comments like, "I never get angry." because of some concept that spirituality means not getting angry, so trying to live up to an impossible expectation. That does not mean that if we are angry we must act it out and break things or hit people, but just acknowledge, "I feel anger."
 
Polly Kay Mannon it means to be aware of the moment with you in it. feelings, sights, sounds, witnessing all that you are in the moment with the moment.... with you. 
good and bad; right and wrong; up and down.... ALIVE, truly ALIVE from the inside out;;; from the outside in. human BEing angel emoticon ty

 
 
 
 

 Anne Matthews: I think using anger might be confusing, but maybe say envy, instead. It is considered a negative trait. Again, one might acknowledge to oneself, "I am feeling envy" or resentment, or spite, and just look at it, and it dissipates harmlessly.

No comments: