Saturday, September 12, 2015

Our wholeness includes our shadows and our gasp even our "egos"

Cynthia Davies's photo.

The spirit that moves me
"The irony is that we attempt to disown our difficult stories to appear more whole or more acceptable, but our wholeness - even our who...leheartedness - actually depends on the integration of all of our experiences, including the falls."
Brené Brown | Artwork by John Jude Palencar

Doesn't it take an "ego" to call out an "ego"? There are no parts of me that are junk, Even if I thought my "ego" was my enemy, I believe Jesus's commandment - "love your enemies". I don't agree with Deepak and many other new age leaders who think this about the "ego". It is innocent trying to balance our lower self with our higher self. Freud was the inventor of this CONCEPT, and he defined it as the CONSCIOUS translator of the id (lower self) to the Super Ego (his term for higher self). the ego is only a problem when it is out of balance, and then it is trying to compensate for a weak sense of self. None of the great thinkers of the past age, before and after Freud dwell on such simplistic dualistic thinking. The ego is not our "inner devil"!

No comments: