Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Example of Importance of Inquiry - How I got interviewed on AMERICA AFTER CHARLESTON?

Without a ticket - sold out - and told I would have little chance of getting in to the event, I saw people hanging out on benches in the ancient graveyard. I sat down beside a woman with a "Emanuel Mother" label. An attractive and pleasant elder, I asked her how she was able to forgive the "shooter" of the massacre so quickly. She told me that if "Chris Singleton", a college student, could forgive after his brilliant beautiful Mother was murdered, she had to follow suit. While conversing with her, a PBS publicist came by and gave us a numbered 4 by 8" orange card. He instructed us to write down a question on it concerning the shooting. I wrote down very quickly: "how can white men be part of the solution?" and "How can we help end the 'lone wolf' problem.
Later he came back and collected the cards, and said he would get back to us. In a while, he came back and gave it back with a orange ticket and told us to wait near the rear door of the church. It looked as if he picked about 8 of  the 24 who were handed cards?  A few minutes later, we were ushered in the back door and were given specific seats in the auditorium. Afterwards, it was obvious that Gwen was instructed where each one of us were seated and our question, so she would know who to interview. I think about four of us "orange carders" were interviewed, in the four plus hours the show was produced. After editing to get the show down to one hour, I may have been the only "orange carder" to make the show? I feel quite honored and I know that I asked the right question!

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/watch-live-america-charleston-hosted-gwen-ifill/#.VgGSPA92Ukt.mailto 
                          (
WATCH: America After Charleston hosted by Gwen Ifill)              
            
                             
a beyond fear.jpg

No comments: