Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Rev. Ed Kosak's Weekly Message - Charleston Unity

Thought For the Week: JOY, I can't stand it!
I often joke on Sundays that when I first walked into a Unity church, I could not stand it...it was too joyful!!! You would not think that joy would be something someone could not stand but there you have it. Coming from the solemn religious background that I did, plus being a somewhat melancholy kind of person (our genetic setpoint, see the movie "Happy" but I believe we can change our genes!), it was hard to come to Unity. But the message kept drawing me back. More precisely, the experience of Truth/God in meditation drew me back. Whatever church I attended after I left the Catholic Church had to make me feel as close to God as when I took communion.
For some of us, joy is something that has to grow on us. That's neither good or bad, right or wrong...it just is. Now that I've been in Unity for many years, I can't even think of going to a church where the joy is not deeply experienced. Joy is the Truth, God (as we each understand God to be), and even though life may be challenging during the week, we can come to Unity to experience some joy/God!
 

No comments: