Friday, August 2, 2013

Native American Flute, my new instrument


Native American Flute, my new instrument (goes along with mindfulness better than the percussion instruments I have been playing for years, Ron Alexander)

"Bring me a hollow reed..."
said the Creator
"and I will teach you how to play the ...
flute."
And with this flute
You will give voice to the sound of the wind.
With this flute,
You will transform this sound into songs of beauty.
With these songs.
You will win the hearts of the beloved.
With these songs,
You will soothe and heal.
With these songs,
You will tell of the Creator's gifts.


Bryan Burton from "Voices of the Wind.


I was drawn to one with a Bear Totem (protective energy)
 
Ron Alexander When we understand that life calls us to interact with the universe and create with it, our existence literally becomes a dance of growth, delight, laughter, awe and gratitude. Robin Korth (this is the way I felt playing the flute with a Mindful friend playing guitar in the cockpit of his sailboat at a gorgeous sunset on the Ashley River in Charleston.)
 

Ron Alexander Let the beauty you love be what you do. Rumi

 
 

No comments: