Saturday, June 1, 2013

Attitudinal Healing


We don’t know what life will bring, so it is what we bring to life that matters.
Patricia Campbell Carlson
Gratefulness.org Newsletter - January 2011
 
Photo
 

Ron Alexander Attitudinal Healing - powerful stuff!

Ron Alexander I worked with Dr. Jerry Jampolsky (LOVE IS LETTING GO OF FEAR) the founder of Attitudinal Healing. He was the first psychiatrist to have spiritual support groups for life - threatened children. While in grad. school in San Francisco, I obtained a grant and created the first young adult group for his organization. His A. H. Principles were loosely created from ACIM principles but no demonizing of the ego or the body, thank goodness! It was the best job I ever had - life-threatened kids KNOW how to live in the present! I finished my internship there after Grad. School!
 
Pamela Pollard Arrington I've seen kids with cancer or Hiv die. They will tell their parents it's time to go and they go. One kid who shared my birthday opened his eyes and told his mom that his grandma was here now so he had to go. She said she told him to go ahead and she would see him in a little bit and he just WENT.
 
Ron Alexander Ah, Pamela Pollard Arrington, I have a similar story of a young adult dying a slow death of HIV in a hospital asking for relatives and close friends to tell them goodbye. He died a few hours after they left! I am going to share this on my timeline under the the headline of Attitudinal Healing - thanks so much!

1 comment:

Jeanne P. said...

This is beautiful -- well said! I have observed a good number of deaths. Many times the family believes the patient is getting better because of seeing the "rally" to say goodbye. Goodbye to loved ones from a physical body place. The overdwelling peace that visits the patient can be inspiring, if considered.