Thursday, June 20, 2013

Honey on the Bow (Story of a Healing Dog)





Honey on the Bow was the favorite print last weekend, so I have framed two other prints for this weekend. Honey was quite an awesome Being. I found her on a boat as a puppy. It was a ferry crossing a river in N. C., and this beautiful black-faced golden puppy came up to me, and it was love at first sight. I had been visualizing a girlfriend with strawberry hair, however this was fate better than any short-termed romance. I asked a crew on the ferry about her, and he told me, "we have to get rid of her, as no one knows who she belongs to..." I told him I would take her with me to Oriental, and when I came back to the ferry, and if nobody had looked for her, I would take her back to my boat in Beaufort. She was an amazing mate, and loved the water and boats. Honey could communicate
with Dolphins and they paid more attention to her than us humans for sure. She ended up going to California with me, as I left to go to Grad. School out there. If we walked along the docks in Sausalito, Honey would sometimes jump in a small sailboat and not get out until I took her sailing. Then she was a brilliant co-counselor when I worked my internship with "life-threatened' young adults. In groups, she would lie in the center till near the end, and then she would go to the member with the most emotional pain, and sit not at their feet but on their feet. The Young Adults loved it. Also, she would pull wheelchairs in places like Yosemite, and then get on the rides through the Mariposa Sequoia Grove. She was a "special needs" dog before there was such a thing. She died peacefully in my arms after 13 years of love and devotion. Honey will always live in my heart.









Oh yea, wild horses live on islands across from Beaufort and all along the Outer
Banks there in N. C.

Mountain Dove Beautiful sharing as to your special companion, Honey, Ron! My beloved Henry transitioned in my arms in 1996 and, as his life force left his physical body, it entered my Heart like a small bolt of lightning (a story for another time). Blessings!
Ron Alexander Oh, thanks Mountain Dove, for the reminder. Oh, I did grieve Honey's passing immensely and immediately. I took her stiffening body with me to a Shamanic Healing Group - leaving her in the car, they helped with a special dance ritual. Then I put her in a shopping crate and wheeled her to the top of a Sacred Ring Mountain in Tiburon CA where I buried her under some rocks. It was where we drummed, danced and chanted every Full moon, she loved it up there, and Honey's Spirit appeared tangible as we continued the ritual. I went up there to drum and dance several times a week for a few months as it was very healing!
 Ring Mountain has Feminine petroglyphs that has been interpreted as a place where the women went when in their Moon, it was a large rock away from the peak. One time a friend any I went up there and performed a Rain Dance during a particularly long drought. We rejoiced at the rain refreshing us and Mother Earth! It had been forecast, however we wanted

No comments: