Monday, April 22, 2013

"I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy."


... "I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives , but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: Only Light Can Do That. Hate cannot drive out hate, Only Love Can Do That."

~ Martin Luther King Jr
  • Ra Divakar I think the Rev. King Jr. even out did the great Gandhi in his non-violent opposition efforts!
  • Mark Badgley: FIRE being fought with fire just makes a more intense fire.
  •  
  •  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just FYI -- Rev. King did not contribute the 1st sentence... It is: "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy." by -Jessica Dovey. It became a part of his speech by accident. I am sure he would not mind, nor she -- and, it certainly fits together in the same sense... Much metta!

BLESSYOURHEARTS INSPIRATION BY RON ALEXANDER said...

Hmm, thank you, "much metta"!