Saturday, April 27, 2013

Enjoy the Beautiful Nature of Your Being


“When despair for the world grows in me and I wake in the night at the least sound in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be, I go and lie down where the wood drake rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds. I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with forethought of grief. I come into the presence of still water. And I feel above me the day-blind stars waiting with their light. For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.”

Wendell Berry
 

While I really enjoy this image and spend a lot of time in nature and respect and admire Wendell Berry, one can find peace and contentment right here right now where
ever you are. An excellent path is meditation, especially the way Buddha ...
taught it - Vipassana! One can see the result of it in a documentary The Dhamma Brothers. They are prisoners for life in the worst prison in Alabama. There are many paths, however the point is, one need not have to go anywhere but inside yourself deeply to fnd the peace you want! Ron


4 comments:

Catherine Todd said...

Thank you for your mention about this documentary. I had no idea! I found a discussion about "the making of" at:

http://www.oprah.com/own-supersoulsunday/blogs/Filmmaker-Jenny-Phillips-Reflects-on-Meeting-Meditating-Prisoners

BLESSYOURHEARTS INSPIRATION BY RON ALEXANDER said...

Yes, Jenny Phillips is an awesomely talented and courageous filmmaker - staying locked up with the teachers and prisoners for the ten day silent retreat!
I think if you looked on youtube you will find the trailors, and get pointed to Hulu for a free viewing? Let me know!

BLESSYOURHEARTS INSPIRATION BY RON ALEXANDER said...

Subtitle for the film The Dhamma Brothers is Where East meets West in the deep South!

BLESSYOURHEARTS INSPIRATION BY RON ALEXANDER said...
This comment has been removed by the author.