Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Discussion vs. Dialogue on Ho'Oponopo

s


I like to say thank you after (a pause) "please forgive me" then "I love you"

Comment by Ron Alexander Back at ya, Arieljoy, in Ho'oponopono saying "I am sorry" (remember we are saying it to ourselves, and it works for the "other", since we are all one) has brought me to a state of humility like never before. I am a retired captain, and I have had quite a time taming Capt. Ego (still working at it). Thanks for the dialogue (not feeling of being "dissed" or "cussed" as in "discussion"), I wish AOAND would change their title of these forums, and describe the benefit of dialogues vs. discussion. no mistake, ron

Comment by Arieljoy Fine 1 hour ago Man-o-man did you ever clear something up for me when you broke down the word "diss-cuss-ion". For as long as I can remember (including childhood) I have been attempting to discuss things with people, i.e. my dad, my mother-in-law, my brother-in-law-the-attorney :-)) and my attempts have been met with arguments. I have never understood why they wouldn't just TALK to me/with me. But all they did was talk OVER me, or on a "good" day, AT me. No wonder I have been so totally confused and I honestly thought I was doing something wrong, like being too "bossy" LOL.

Ron, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

In Love, Light, and Outrageously Boundless Joy,
Arieljoy .


Posted by captron at 6:30 PM

You are welcome, "dia" means allowing what comes through - not closed beliefs but an open mind allowing different opinions and the "spirit of inquiry" to come through. Arieljoy, you did that without being defensive and being thoughtful of my opinion at the same time. There is no need for forgiveness in dialogue, because we both felt heard and honored in our ideas. Oh yea, I tried "gratitude" today in one of my needs for forgiveness today, and it is starting to feel more comfortable, but I am not there. Maybe it depends on how close you feel to resolution with a particular conflict? for giving gratitude alot, ron .

No comments: