Friday, March 13, 2009

Is the New Testament Right? Is God Love?

I have had two traumatic situations in my life recently causing a lot of grief. My friends are divided between "Spirit is kicking your butt" and "You need to change your negative thoughts about the problems." I have definitely been confused between the two, and have recently decided to take Jesus for his words: "God is Love."

I have been inspired by the presence of angels on this earth and from the Spirit World. The following quote is from ANGEL MIRACLES (Inspirational Stories of Heavenly Help) by Brad and Sherry Steiger. (p.63 - p. 64)
"The light within, around, or generated by the benevolent being became even brighter as he spoke. 'You are loved unconditionally," he said. "The Creator Spirit is not filled with wrath and vengeance as so many Earth religions have taught, but that which you call 'God' is pure love beyond comprehension. What you humans have mistaken as punishment from your fierce concept of God is nothing more than the effects of your own action.'

Marissa said that the light being placed great importance on the needs for humans to begin to understand the relationship between cause and effect, because it was through this understanding that human spirit evolution will occur.

'At this point,' Marissa said, ' the light coming from the celestial being went through me, and I experienced unconditional love for the first time in my life.
It was searing and exquisite. It was as though I was being bathed in a light that entered every cell of my body and filled everything it passed through with love.'"

No comments: