Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Am God's Beloved!

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children, and live in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us. Ephesians 5:1-2

When toxic painful thoughts crank back up, I find a comfortable place to sit, place my right(...your victorious right hand...) hand over my heart. If in bed, I do the same thing. I make sure my right arm is placed on cushion or pillow to keep it comfortable. I repeat "God's love is right here, right now while breathing into my heart." Another type of meditation I do is to concentrate on my breathing, counting 1 for the in breath and 2 for the longer out breath while listening to soothing music or spiritual chants. Sometimes I combine the two. Other times if I am having a hard time forgiving I repeat (Pray without ceasing.) Father, forgive them for they know not what they do. And I may add on "Please God, help me put this person back into my heart." The latter is especially effective when holding right hand over your heart.

I am conscious of ...God is love... and my capacity of my heart of to contain God's love is expanded.

I am beloved of God - not for what I do, not what I own. I am beloved because I am a child of God. (The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God. Romans 6-18)
There are no conditions placed on divine love. The more unconditional respect I have for myself shows my appreciation for all I've been given - life, health and abundant supply.
Caring for myself, I have more to offer others. So I may follow a time for me by spending time with another, which brings us both a greater awareness of God's love. (Unity's Daily Word paraphrased)

I respond lovingly to all persons. He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother (anyone) is in darkness. He that loveth his brother (everyone) abideth in the light. 1john 2:9-10.
Recognizing that the spiritual life is the real life (Hereby know that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his spirit. 1John 4:13),
I surround myself with love, the key to joyous living. (Ernest Holmes's Daily Wisdom paraphrase.)

No comments: