Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Possibly my most important visit as a volunteer in Hospice

Short visit today to Hospice, however possibly my most important? He was very confused and frustrated that we did not understand what he was talking about, so I put on Billie Holiday for him. And I read a Christian (plug in any spiritual beliefs about love) poem someone left behind. It was all about "I am a Christian, but I am not perfect. I am a Christian, but I don't brag about it...but, but", then the ending is "I am a Christian because I feel loved." At the same time Fin was listening and singing along to a love song by Billie. He was smiling, so I asked him if he felt loved. Yes was the answer. Then I asked him, before I left, what is the most important thing? "I feel loved," with big smile on his face. Blessed be, Ron

No comments: