Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Feeling blessed volunteering at Hospice



Ron Alexander was feeling blessed.
8 hrs
Good morning, I volunteer with a hospice. Why? I support life, and that leaving the body can happen without fear and suffering.

You, Ron Alexander, Jeanne Orr and 79 others
Mandy Ho Good job!!😊
Suchi Kumar When you think about it, it could really be celebrated. It means we're leaving this state of chaos to be free from the body and in a state of oneness. Sounds like a celebration to me.

Love

Remove

Stephanie Crystaal The hospice work I did was the most rewarding of all of the care work I've done
Chris Uswe Plastow I'm with you brother , somehow I seem to be placed with dying people in their last hours , I help them go in peace .
Thank you for helping others at their hour of need .
Big respect .

Deborah A Frenette i helped a friend die, such a beautiful experience! '
Maureen Lynch Yarbrough Yes. Me, too. An absolute blessing.

Ashley Best That's holy work. ♡
Joanne Hordatt-Awang God bless your Radiant Heart. Warm hugs
Janet Ward My mom is on hospice. They are a great support system.

Livia Maritzia Great Seva
Thea Hartman Hospice work is profound. Those who are leaving the world, and their families, have much to teach us. Bless you. 💚
Zepur Zarikian Great work. After hospice helped my mother with the transitioning of my grandmother, I went through the training. Did not get to start the actual work as my job came through at the same time. I still think about volunteering. The concern is I have way too much empathy.

Stephanie Crystaal I'm empathic (I feel others feelings as my own) and I enjoyed it as those people maybe they are scared but when you hold their hand and comfort them the joy they feel is immense and often they at least at the end are very much at peace. I only sat with those that didn't have family though so I think dealing with distraut family would be much harder then with the patients themselves.

Zepur Zarikian Thank you for your response. My job as a counselor, and volunteering for abused and neglected children, is stressful. Adding health issues in the family. But I know I would bring so much peace for someone on their last days on earth. It's not totally unselfish. It'd help me deal better with a parent's illness and my feelings about their eventual death.



Wendy Perrell A gifted healer

Zenobia Conkerite I'd love to meet you and sit and share one day. Not my plan, I've been a death doula since a child. Didn't know why. Your words are inspiring.

Zenobia Conkerite replied2 Replies1 hr

Akasha Desa Thank U for your service -
Ra Divakar "All the creatures of this Cosmos are sustained by Love, and in the end Merge into the same Cosmic Being. That is why it is essential to be Love and to Love all." ~ Swami Muktanananda

No comments: