Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Hopefully, rescuing boat thrown up on shore by Hurricane Matthew


That is me putting out anchor that hopefully will keep boat away from shore. The main anchor chain points to the shore, I think dragged up there during hurricane. When Victoria and I first saw the boat, it was lying up on it's side in low tide. The locals told us it was all the way up aground just after hurricane, however really large tides the next two days partially refloated it. When we went back yesterday, it was floating at high tide , although listing to the port, as you can see in this photo. 
So, we waited to flag down the next fishing boat to come in to transport me out there. Capt Ryan appeared on his nice charter boat, and agreed to take me out there. Circling around, thankfully,  I found an anchor on stern railing, and untangled it and tied it off to bow, then we backed it away and placed it away. Then we went to bow and pulled it up to hopefully dig it in to secure it from going back aground? We will go back today to check it out. I left cardboard taped down well with my number on it to see if there is anything else we can do to save the nice vessel.

No comments: