Tuesday, May 21, 2013

How to Keep an Untroubled Spirit

The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are.
Marcus Aurelius(gratefulness.org)
How to keep an untroubled spirit?
Meditate/pray a lot!
Exercise (stretching, gentle aerobics)
Good nutrition - do what it takes to stay healthy - "...the body is the temple of the Spirit."
Good Sleeping Habits
Inspirational and supportive friends(including fb and other social media)
Read inspirational books
Watch inspirational movies
Beauty inside and out in joy!
Keep a clear mind - keep alcohol, drugs, caffeine and junk foods to a bare minimum! 
So you can "look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Finally, remember the truth of temporariness, tell yourself "this too shall pass" over and over if need be....
 
  
 
  Manisha Pathak
:When I feel I can't do anything right, these are the times I need to be more than ever gentle with myself.
-Sidonie Bouchet

 
Ron Alexander "if you're going through hell, don't stop!" lol - great grateful that you have a sense of humor to help sustain you Kathleen Kent (just getting out of hospital)

Anonymous said...
Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
Any suggestions?
Delete
Blogger captron said...
Nope, sorry I am old and really don't care what people take from me - I just hope it is helpful to themselves and others?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
Any suggestions?

Feel free to visit my blog post; magnetized flashlights

BLESSYOURHEARTS INSPIRATION BY RON ALEXANDER said...

Nope, sorry I am old and really don't care what people take from me - I just hope it is helpful to themselves and others?