Saturday, October 23, 2010

Camp Happy Heart - for kids with recent losses




Interesting orbs at Camp Happy Hearts
Camp Happy Heart was a blast last night - wore me out though. An event created by Diana Blue and the Mercy Hospice for kids who have lost a close one in the last year. It was held at Magiquest at Broadway at the Beach. This is a "Harry Potter" type game/quest that really stimulates the imagination. Much to their credit..., Magiquest donated the staff and the building for an all night affair for these 50 sweet kids. They decided to cut off the questing at 11 pm and then the kids could camp where they want. It was great play/therapy, and I am really impressed by Diana and the Mercy Staff. I tried to stay up with my assigned kids, and did for about an hour, and thank goodness, they knew what they were doing, for it was really too complex to me. I am grateful for the Hospice and Magiquest and plan to volunteer my services in the future to Mercy.

No comments: