Friday, September 24, 2010

The New Age Satan


Bobby Hinkle ‎"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy." The thief is the ego, which comes in the darkness of a faithless mind and, using the weapon of world desire, steals away the consciousness of eternal life.



Ron Alexander: Thanks for your nondefensive answer Bobby! I learn alot from you and Unity. Wow, Unity, I am sorry, please forgive me for pushing your button(is that ego?), please forgive me, I love you.
I enjoy most of what you and Bobby write, however w...e don't need anymore dualistic condemning theology - like part of Old Testament and ACIM (most of it is brilliiant)
The ego is described by Freud as the CONSCIOUS mediator of reality for us - the part of us that can drive our car and take care of our body. Simply,it is known as our "self". The other part is the "superego" which we would call our Higher Self as in Reality.
Helen was the one who started demonizing the ego when she channeled ACIM. When I was studying with Bill Thetford(the Scribe) in the mid-80's, he told us to "tear out those pages." He had embodied the wonderful essence of ACIM - Oneness in Love! One average size book could be written called The Essence of ACIM and it would be one of the greatest Holy Books ever written!

And remember from the Bible - "the body is the temple of our spirit. & the kingdom of heaven on earth."

And to be here now, we need our body and ego!

I do believe in the ending of St. Francis's Prayer - "it is letting go of the self, that we are born to eternal life." However, I think you have to be ready to let go of your body also, and we will always have to face that profound choice. However, as of now at age 65, I have never felt more alive


Unity Walker: What buttons? I did not take offense... Was just thinking you may have taken what Bobby said in a way he didn't mean it. For me to say, Whoa, Ron, is like saying, "Lookie, here, Brother." I am passionate at times, but I ddin't take offense and apologize if it seemed I was attacking. Leggo my ego! LOL
Unity Walker: I LOVE St. Francis--Original Innocence--And yes, I agree that ego must not be demonized, for that reinforces the duality belief that evil is real. I love many of the principles of ACIM, though I do have a problem with ACIM'ers whose entire ...ACIM experience is just parroting the words back and forth and using those words to defend less than stellar actions on their own part. But then, anyone might do that at any time with any scripture. I do like what Thetford said about that. Like Solomon who said to the women who were fighting over the child and he ordered the child be split in half, Thetford was wise in pointing out that it would be better to tear out those pages than to fight over them. THAT said, ego does imagine enemies everywhere is looks, and in so doing, it sometimes ACTS as an enemy in defense of its beliefs. LOVE, Ron.
Ron Alexander: I do feel joined with you guys in Divine Love, and that is all that matters right! KISS (keep it simple sweetheart or Source)


No comments: