Monday, October 11, 2021

Give (whatever) only out of joy

 The basic gist of today's thought is: Give (whatever) only out of joy. Sometimes we give because we feel sorry for some cause, and that's ok to give like that because it comes out of empathy. Sometimes we give because we're worried an organization will collapse with money, and that's ok reason to give as well. Sometimes we give to get something back. That's ok too, as long as it's not based on conditions. Etc.

I can't by any means say I'm perfect at giving unconditionally, but my intention is always give out of only joy. One of the early founders of our church taught me this concept. EVERYTHING IS ENERGY, RIGHT? I want to give joyful energy to Unity, SPCA, a friend, etc. I want the joy to spread JOY and money is a way to spread joy because money is energy too. I spend time with a friend as joyously as possible, because that is energetic. I give to thrift stores out of joy because that is energy spreading as well.
I encourage us all to give intentionally and to constantly examine the motives behind our giving and to consider making the giving out of joy. the receivers of our giving also receive joy. Rev. Ed Kozak, Charleston Unity (S.C.)
I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy. Rabindranath Tagore

No comments: