Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Best concerts of the Over the Hill Hippies

Ron Alexander I saw Jimi Hendrix "on fire" midnight July 4th playing the Starspangled Banner at the Atlanta Rock Fest. a year after Woodstock. Wow, watching him play and then burn his guitar at the finale, was mind blowiing.

LikeShow more reactio
Manage
Lori Anderson I am jealous ! I never got to see him.

Like
Ron Alexander Left my body listening to spirit-led band at an Ashram. Afterwards, the band leader "saw me up there." Then there was a time dancing to a Steely Dan band playing Bodhisattva at Key West, where we were conducting the music with our feet, and at one with everyone? Acid helped?



Show more reacti
Manage
Bronwen Boulton Scott Gregory Isaac's last show before he died, on the beach in Negril, Jamaica

LikeShow more reaction
Remove

LikeShow more reactions
Remove
Lori Anderson Zeppelin, Janis, Pink Floyd, The Band, just to many great one!

LikeShow more reactio
Remove
Krista Waldee Pink Floyd... of course.

LikeShow more reactio
Remove
Krista Waldee I like Blues Traveler, Willie Nelson as well... I'm sure the list could go on and on..

LikeShow more reaction
Remove
Janie Norris Atlanta Pop Festival 1970

Remove
Ron Alexander Me too, did you see Jimi Hendrix and his burning guitar after playing the Starbangled banner at midnite?

L
Manage
Janie Norris Yes I did. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me, especially because I was only 17 when Woodstock happened and I wasn't allowed to go by my parents. I had graduated in 1970 and was in charge of my own life by that point and was able to hitch a ride with a few friends and it was mind blowing and life changing.
Remove
Ron Alexander I was trying to get over my Bros. death in Vietnam, about a year earlier, and just quitting a graduate program at Ohio State, headed to Fla. to live a "normal" 40 hr. a week job. So, it was a good respite. I bet I was only one there in a red Chevelle Malibu convertible. I picked up a lot of hitchhikers, and a couple went to Florida with me.


Janie Norris One of my dearest friends and ultimately a lover took me with him from Kingsport, Tennesee. Six months later, he was found with a small (matchbox size) amount of pot and was given 2 years and had to serve one year. It destroyed him - he lost his job, was on probation and couldn't associate with his former friends, etc. He wound up killing himself on Christmas Day within 2 more years. I had grown up with him as a neighbor and he was the first person to turn me on to both pot and acid. It is one of my best memories I have of him and that magical time that was 1970.


Ron Alexander Its a Beautiful Day, The Band, Chuck Mangione,

LikeShow more reaction
Manage
Kim Rhoda Rolling stones and Chaka Khan in Gainesville, and several Farm Aides..oh, there are just too many to mention..

LikeShow more reactions
Remove
Sandy Radzinski Pink Floyd

LikeShow more reactions
Remove
Ron Alexander Greg Allman Band, The Allman Brothers then

LikeShow more reactio
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
Remove
Susan Manjkow All the Zep concerts, The Concert for Bangladesh and any Bruce show. Never been to a bad one.

LikeShow more reactions


Remove
Rosanna Pappas Woodstock 1969

WowShow more reactions


Remove
Sandy Radzinski i was there too

WowShow more reactions


Remove
Rosanna Pappas summer of love 67

LoveShow more reactions


Remove
Sandy Radzinski The David Bromberg band\

Remove
Ron Alexander Chuck Berry, Bob Dylan, Poco, Black Sabbath, Grateful Dead,

Manage
James Smith I've seen Dr Hook about 10 times starting in the early 70's

Remove

LikeShow more reactions
Reply
1
1 hr
Remove
Sandy Radzinski Savoy Brown and Frigid Pink

Remove
David Twining Jimi hendrix, Doors,Led Zepllin, Bo diddly, Chicago, youngbloods, Billy joel, Bob Segar, eric clapton, Black Oak, Ike and tina Turner, Chuck Berry and so many more I can't remember them all.

Remove
Sandy Radzinski Pierce Arrow Twisted Sister Another Pretty Face

Remove
Sandy Radzinski Dean Friedman, Dan Fogelberg

Remove
Cheryl Walsh Dead, Skinner, Stones

Remove
Sandy Radzinski System of a Down, Metallica, Scorpions

Remove

Sandy Radzinski Chicago, Billy Joel, elton John Peter Frampton Humble Pie

Remove
Lorie Kraft All of them. Loved every concert I have ever been to. 😀

L
Remove
Barb Stewart Woodstock.

Remove
Joe Figueroa You attended THE WOODSTOCK?

Remove
Barb Stewart Joe Figueroa YUP! I'm 72, and I was there.

Remov
Sherry Zoll Black Sabbath.

Remove
Sandy Radzinski AC/DC Def Leppard

Remove
Jessie Juwa BB King, Jonathan Edwards, Alice Cooper

L
Remove
Joe Figueroa ZZ Top , November 1976 in Houston Texas.

Remove
Deanna Dee Inskeep Gale AC/DC (too many to count), Stevie Ray Vaughn, Lynyrd Skynyrd

Remove
Ron Alexander Carlos Santana, a bunch of times, he also belonged to same spiritual group in CA, yet he is down to earth, and very generous. He gave our group three of his guitars to auction off, 28,000 apeice.

Man

R
Peter Tavani Meatloaf and Electric light orchestra

Remove
Sue Hartz Santana in 1972 Hamburg Germany

Remove
Ron Alexander Wow, did not know he had been around that long.

Manage
Sandy Radzinski Linkun Park Billy Squier

Remove
Nathan Hilterbrand Jethro Tull

Sandy Radzinski Neil Young and Linda Ronstadt the night Neil announced that the Viet Nam War was over
Remove

Greg Newton santana in 72 doing caravanserai .we were all stoned on opium .snafu
Remove

Ron Chase Bob Seager Allman Brothers
Kid Rock Jamey Johnson

Remove
Ron Alexander I gotta play drums down in the Bahamas with Jimmy Buffett, but no other drummers around. My boat was anchored offshore, and he was very interested in my all girl crew. I knew him before he was big time, on sailboats.


Manage
Ron Chase Living a dream lol
Re
Renea Click Eagles: California Jam 1974, Century Link Center in Bossier City, La July 29th, 2015
Conway Twitty 1981, 1982 Hirsch Memorial Colliseum, Shreveport, La.
I cannot believe the difference in ticket price!

Sandy Radzinski i saw the Wall at Nassau Coliseum when i was 9 months pregnant
Roger Bernard 1968 Chicago Democratic Convention..MC5. We had a RIOT😫😮🙀
Remove
Mark Cooper Only one!? Dixie Chicks 2006 in London at Shepherds Bush Empire. Also Doors at Hunter College with Tiny Tim and Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. One other is Jefferson Airplane at Fillmore East. 1970.

Stuart L. McGowan Queen, Billy Joel, ABBA


Remove
Joanne Gretel Wiedemann-Wolf Johnny Clegg! Twice. Now off to see his final three concerts in South Africa!


Remove
Beth Hagler Martin Led Zepplin, Grateful Dead, Shinedown, Green Day.


Remove
Sandy Radzinski Edgar Winter and White Trash


Remove
Sue Sweeney McGrath I don’t know that I could pick just one! Everyone was an experience & an adventure! From John Denver to ELP to Chicago & the Doobie Brothers, how does one choose?!?!


Remo
Renea Click Eagles, Styx, Dr. HOOK, Journey, Exile, Seals & Croft, Santana,Chicago, Bob Seger and Silver Bullet Band, Meatloaf, Foreigner, etc. It's all about good music!!!
Remove
Marsha Mariner the beatles in 65 and 66 in SF CCR john fogerty in 04 in IA
Remove
Sandy Radzinski Bad Company, and Styx and Cheap Trick
Remove
Cindy Madigan Doyle The Rolling Stones!
Remove
Mark Cooper Also, six shows in 10 nights at Nokia Theater in L.A. Dixie Chicks leading off for the Eagles.
Remove
Janet Mccoy The Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin
Remove
Vinny Edward I worked the ticket master machine from 86 to 88 Adu a record store, so I saw a shit load of concerts lol, pink Floyd I have to say was the best.
Remove
Michelle PAge-Akpan Earth Wind & Fire. Pure performers.


Remov
Nancy Rookard Eagles, Leon Russell, ELO, New Port Out door concert in Cali. Rod Stewart, Mammas and the Pappas, Yardbirds and Red Bone.

Remove
Tracy Gail Powell I guess America was the best because I was on front row and guitarist stopped and gave me he’s pick.😎

Remove
Sue Maturi Fleetwood Mac....Genesis.....Elton John.... ZZ Top...Creedence.

Reply54 minsEdited
Remove
Terry Royce MullerGroup Admin Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Grateful Dead, Doobie Bros, Marshall Tucker , Allman Bros, ZZTop, Def Leopard, Zakk Wylde, George Benson, New Riders Of Purple Sage, Alicia Keyes, And MANY more. I love Music & going to Shows. 👍✌️🎶

Remove
Sandy Radzinski Al Kooper, Billy Connelly

Remove
Susan Greene Keal Beach Boys, Billy Joel, Linda Ronstadt, Chicago, Foreigner, Ringo Starr


Remove
Rosemary Mcclung Eagles, Bob sugar, Alice Cooper I think was slightly buzzed at all lol.

Remove
Terri Scheer Eagles ,"Hell Freezes Over" Tour.

Cindy Sickler US festival 82, Fleetwood Mac, Ziggy Marley, Roger Waters Us and Them tour, Jethro Tull and America
Sandy Radzinski the Poconos concert in 1972

Remove
M Stacey Burns Tina tuner

Remove
Christian Larsen Ithica 77 GD actually lots of GD an Phish!!!

Remove
Barbara Strnad jethro tull

Nancy Caudill Eagles, Pink Floyd, Journey, Stones, Scorpions to name a few

Remove
Anthony C Finks I don't think I've ever been to a BAD one!
One of the best, though, was A Midsummer's Night, Knebworth, England.
The line-up, Genisis, Jefferson Starship, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Devo, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Brand X, and numerous local bands.


Darla Stradtmann Meeting and seeing Sheryl Crow.

Remove
Elaine Delgado California Jam.. Emerson Lake & Palmer, Black Oak Arkansas, Seals & Croft, Eagles, Black Sabbath, Earth Wind Fire, Deep Purple & Rare Earth in 1974
Sandy Radzinski Jethro Tull The Byrds, Led Zeppelin, Vanilla Fudge

Show more reactio
Remove
Ron Alexander Yes, Jethro Tull, Ian Anderson dancing on one leg playing his flute.


No comments: