Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Another Awesome poem by Joy

it's 5:30am,
i've been up since 3
it's easy to see the dream
when every one else is not here,
asleep
the town,
the house
vacant,
silent,
still
just me
and the shower curtain...
i'm a person. is it true?
no,
(btw, the dictionary defines a person
as a character in a story or a play smile emoticon
no, i'm not a person.
i'm a whole world,
an entire world
view
every particle reflects,
every scratch on the "furniture",
every speck in my eye,
cat hair,
barf,
lipstick,
every letter,
every face,
every single post
on facebook
is
MINE!
for God's sake!
for Heaven's sake!
the sky,
the clouds,
the rainbow,
the storm,
the lovers,
Hollywood,
death row,
skid row,
the mortuary,
and the birth canal,
5am,
and 12 o'clock noon,
Muslim,
Jew,
Christian,
Buddhist,
atheist,
agnostic
all me
ALL me
is it mass confusion
or does every symbol
say the same thing?
you are Love,
thank you
or
you are fear,
lacking,
hopeless,
helpless,
flawed,
the airplane crash
is my fault
or
my gift
every moment
every moment
every moment
the newscast,
the politician
is
my dream
what is it i see,
hold against you,
hold against me?
let me see
it clearly
in HD,
a twelve foot screen,
that i leave nothing out
of my Judge Your Neighbor Worksheet
that i leave nothing out
that i would not love,
once again
in my Self
that's what nights are for,
that's what days are for,
that's what it's all
for
amen.

No comments: