Friday, December 19, 2014

I am not disturbed by the passage of time

I know that I live in a changeless Reality. I am not disturbed by the passage of time, the movement around me, nor the variations of experience through which I go. Something within me remains immovable and says "Be still and know that I am God." This is I Am, which is God within me, which is substantial, changeless and perfect. Ernest Holmes
 
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof, but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.---1 John 2:17
 
 Neither the Will of God not the Nature of God can change. Reality is the same "yesterday, today and forever." That which was is, and that which is will remain. As human beings, our nature is spiritual. The only thing that can change is that which ought not to be permanent. We are changeless beings living in a changeless world...It is wonderful to know that something permanent, substantial and eternal stands in the midst of our being, and, I believe, watches with joy, the eternal change taking place. To the Spirit, these changes are merely variations of experience. The Spirit is never caught, tied or bound. Ugliness may seem to exist for a brief moment but Beauty, like Truth, endures forever. All that is evil passes, as our Hymn of Faith says, it cannot exist even for a moment when faced by Divine Reality. Everything we now experience objectively will change, as it ought to, "but that which is with God abideth." Ernest Holmes
 
 




 




No comments: