Friday, September 12, 2014

Many Homeless Do Not Love Themselves by Dr. Dean Banks

LIKE: Most of the people I lived and worked with had problems and issues with loving themselves. They believed and accepted what others thought of them and NOT what they knew about themselves or God. Several left and became functional again when they learned to love themselves again. Truth! Thanks Dr. Dean!
Gina Caprice Richardson (friends with Dean A. Banks) also commented on Dean A. Banks's photo.
Gina wrote: "Amen. I didn't think anyone ever talked about homelessness but me - because I live it everyday. That picture looks like the street I stay on in miami. A lot of people say things they don't know what they're talking about. People walk by homeless everyday without a worry or care. To them we are nothing more significant than a housefly. "

 
Photo: I have been accused by some that I know nothing about homelessness. I know more than they think. It's true, I do not know specifically about the homeless others have worked with, but I did know many homeless people whom I counseled back in the 80's.

I frequently use the term 'less blessed' instead of 'less fortunate' because their calamity has nothing to do with luck. I lived with them in the streets firsthand in Los Angeles to experience their trials and tribulations for over a year.

Most of the people I lived and worked with had problems and issues with loving themselves. They believed and accepted what others thought of them and NOT what they knew about themselves or God. Several left and became functional again when they learned to love themselves again.

I suggest that before anyone accuses someone of 'not' experiencing something you ask them first. My 'wisdom' is nothing when it comes to someone's next meal or a blanket in which to keep warm. I learned first hand to be thankful to God for the skills, talents and abilities He blessed me with so I can earn a living and maintain a lifestyle. However, all of these skills are meaningless unless you love yourself.

God is within all of us and He has created perfection. If we would only see ourselves as God sees us, we would truly love ourselves. No apology is necessary from others for their attacks on my character. What they do is necessary and blesses them and the homeless. It's a win-win scenario for all concerned.~Dean A. Banks, D.D.



 
LIKE: God is within all of us and He has created perfection. If we would only see ourselves as God sees us, we would truly love ourselves.
 


No comments: