Sunday, September 14, 2014

Affirmations! Do they create narcissism?

 Richard Kent Matthews The honest answer is, we are all narcissistic. It is part of the survival mechanism. And rather than trying to subdue it, or eliminate it, we grab its energy and use it, understanding our own selfishness and at the same time, consciously choosing to serve the world. We make it a habit. We will always be self serving. But that energy, turned outward, can save the world.

Michelle Bernadette Button balanced serving~win-win

Take them in and Use the Energy to serve!
 
Take a breath, and repeat these affirmations:
Take a breath, and repeat these affirmations:
 
Ron Alexander Especially like: Rev.Richard Kent Matthews: Better yet: I am in con tinual service and compassion toward the world. In serving others, I find satisfaction and ultimate self esteem. Love is my compass, service my watchword. I step out of my small self and into my larger Self. I love.
 

Richard Kent Matthews Affirmations tend to be very self serving, even a bit childish. The more we reach out to the world, the more likely we are to actually receive what we think we want. And then, more often than not, we find out we didn't really want it anyway. But service, compassion, and involvement in the world brings a kind of satisfaction that retains its value, both personally and collectively. At least, it's been my experience


  • Ron Alexander EXCELLENT Rev. Richard Kent Matthews! I would be in your choir if out there!
     

  • No comments: