Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Maya,illusions, reality or Reality

Like: Mary Deans have fun on here instead...it never needs to be that serious. thanks Tom Nadeau and Mary!
 
 
You all know where I stand on many of the political issues of the day but this begging off from expressing every political irritation I feel as of late is paying off dividends in the form of a deeper serenity. Don't get me wrong, I'll re-enter the fray from time to time and voice an opinion but it feels good for now just to watch the conflict from afar and not feel obligated to say something on every topic. It doesn't mean I don't care deeply for the issues, it's just that I'm starting to trust that I'm not the only one with a political or social conscience. The same forces that moved me to change are also at work within you.

My wrath, however, will not work out those changes...only my respect for your path and my love for you will accomplish that. Shaking you violently with my berating words seldom evokes the change I think will happen. Shaming you into seeing things MY way will only leave you resentful of me and may only embolden you into an even harder stance. No, I think it is clear, I must avoid the path of excessive ego and cease in the expectation that you will change by my power to argue you into thinking and feeling the way I think is best.

We may likely all be characters within the dream of God, the Maya or the illusion. If this is so, I intend to direct the dream to the best of my ability into one of beauty and love. On the other hand, if this IS the reality and this is not an illusory dream and we all have but a fixed time to enjoy our time here, then why waste it in constant battle? Make our feelings known as kindly and as diplomatically as we can, vote if we must, but to force ourselves on others does little good and may even be more harmful. I simply need to trust that I am not the only character in this marvelous theater!


No comments: