Sunday, December 1, 2013

"There are deep wells of strength that are never used."????

 
 
 
Few men [or women] during their lifetimes come anywhere near exhausting the resources dwelling within them. There are deep wells of strength that are never used.
Richard Byrd(gratefulness.org)
This one, I am not so sure about, as I have done so much in my life - educationally, I have had 3 licenses, the first as an Clinical Pathologist(ASCP) and worked in hospitals for 13 years, then I was I licensed Sailing Vessel Captain(Coast Guard licensed), followed by 13 years in California where I became a Psychotherapist (MFT). I have written 8 books, only one of which sold more than a few hundred copies.  Now I am volunteering working with Veterans on Deck and have just finishing a strenuous move from old family beach house to a modest apt. but still have an old sailboat that I am working on and getting to sail with Veterans on Deck.  My next plan is to go through some training to help homeless veterans find homes. Get tired reading this, however I am simplifying my life and have new motto: "no hurry, no worry with gratitude." And I have felt exhausted lately, yet I am giving myself more rest time, as I don't have any other choice physically or psychologically as I have been feeling exhausted lately.
 
Ron Alexander  I forgot to mention all of my traveling adventures - 4x back and forth across country, sailing all over from Maine to Near Columbia, S. A. and most of the islands between the two, Costa Rica is my fav. country and Bali is my fav. island
  • Pamela Pollard Arrington I'm still waiting for the book on your life. Squeeze that in somewhere. I bet it is a cross between Captain Jack Sparrow and Indiana Jones
  • Ron Alexander No, Capt. Jack was an insult to all self-respecting captains - try the movie Captain Ron(the movie) and then know he was a respected professional U.S. Coast Guard Captain and Forrest Gump and you have lots of me! lol

  •  
     
     
     

    No comments: