Saturday, February 9, 2013

Mindfulness in all areas of Life


 We have been studying and practicing mindfulness with Jack Kornfield (THE WISE HEART), as well as  the Boddhisattva at meditation retreat here in the beautiful Berkshire Mountains of Mass. Beautiful windy snow storm the last 28 hours or so - 12 -14 inches- wish I knew how to get photos on - not yet though
New  android computer !

William wrote: "Check out this stoke of luck, or some may call it magic. In the Unity store the other day, in a box marked free was the book on cassette tape, After The Ecstasy, The Laundry by Kornfield of course. I've been listening to it around the house and falling asleep to it also:) Also at your suggestion I bought, A Path With Heart and am really enjoy reading that. This is my first encounter with Kornfield. I see what you mean Ron Alexander. The dedication he has put into his spiritual development is amazing and inspiring. The stories, experiences and practical wisdom that flows is outstanding. I remind myself of an illustration he uses. A flower without or very little fragrance. He smells beautiful. Glad you got to be with him in retreat again. Right in the middle of the Blizzard. Perfect!"

Now, I am studying Nutrition and diet with Dr. John Douillard, author of The Three Season Diet.I am learning alot from this brilliant man, who lives what he teaches. I am going to be leaving with healing in Mind, body and Soul.  Already the teaching is overlapping, as Dr. John emphasize s that mindful eating is the most vital part of eating. 





A person may rise to the highest degree of contemplation even when busily occupied.
St. Mary Euphrasia Pelletier(gratefulness.org)
Embrace the World

2 comments:

Jeanne P. said...

Certainly am looking forward to new, exciting info on foods and expanded knowing of meditation techniques! namaste

Jeanne P. said...

The camera on the android is the best way to take and upload or share photos...if you would like to call me, I can walk you through a number of android programs. Also, be sure to turn it off once in a while to clear the 'history' of tabs that live on the desktop... metta