Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Political however we need to feel safe where we live

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the fnal sense, a theft from who are cold and not clothed. This world in arms is not spending alone. It is spending the sweat of it laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in its true sense...it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
Dwight Eisenhower


Ron: Living in the South, when somebody says to me, that "the government is trying to take away my guns." I reply calmly - "Is that true?" If they keep on ranting - I repeat - "Is it absolutely true that the government is trying to take away your guns?" By then, they are usually calm enough to see the error in their thinking. If not, I just walking away with a sigh and "bless your heart."

You are 43 times as likely to have yourself
or a family member killed if you own a gun than if you were to
use it to kill an intruder. You're 22 times more likely for you
or a family member to die if you have a gun, even locked in a
safe, than if you don't have one at all.

Ra Divakar Thanks for sharing Rita! We need to support gun control. So many fearful people think they have to have their guns and that the government is trying to take them away - how irrational is that?
 

  • Rita Guidi I know Ra. I was born in the Republic of San Marino which is the smallest republic in the world and independent from Italy where it is located and I still cannot understand the American psychology in this. I think that paranoia is a big part of it but we all know that paranoia only leads to more irrational violence in the end. I immigrated to this country when I was 22 years old, so I tend to be baffled by the social paranoia which is destroying this country every day and making life miserable for everybody. Total madness is what is going on....
     

  • Ra Divakar Ah, sweetheart Rita Guidi - don't let anybody "take your joy away"! It is not "total madness" even here in the South. There are Havens like Unity, Science of Mind, Spiritual Communities. out where you live, I participated in beautiful peaceful Native American Ceremonies - sweat lodges, medicine circles, dances! Start Within and get support! Go find communities where you feel safe and find peace, joy and love!


  •  
     


    No comments: