Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dalai Lama - words of compassion/inspiration


Dalai Lama
Every day, think as you wake up,
today I am fortunate to be alive,
I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it.
I am going to use all my energies to develop myself,
to expand my heart out to others;
...to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings.
I am going to have kind thoughts towards others.
I am not going to get angry or think badly about others.
I am going to benefit others as much as I can.

- The Dalai Lama
According to my own experience, the highest level of inner calm comes from the development of love and compassion. The more concerned we are with the happiness of others, the more we increase our own well-being. Friendliness and w...armth towards others allow us to relax and help us to dispel any sense of fear or insecurity so we can overcome whatever obstacles we face.


Enlightenment:
A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world
- Leo F. Buscaglia

“Why not become fresh from the gentleness of the heart-spring? Why not laugh like a rose? Why not spread perfume?” –Rumi, Sufi Poet

No comments: