Friday, March 19, 2010

The Feeling of Oneness - Accepting Ourselves - Creating Holy Relationships

"Joy, bliss, peace, naturally high, a sense of well-being, feeling loved," are some of the descriptions by my fellow Oneness Blessing givers and receivers. What are some of the main stimulants for these benefits? One friend, in my eyes, has changed radically.
Joy, bliss, peace, naturally high, a sense of well-being, feeling loved," are some of the descriptions by my fellow Oneness Blessing givers and receivers. What are some of the main stimulants for these benefits? One friend, in my eyes, has changed radically.
Z. and I have had a rather rocky, in and out relationship for years. She is highly accomplished and successfully married, as most of my Oneness friends. I respect Z. and have considered her a teacher at times, yet other times I felt judged and invalidated. To use Byron Katy's essential "Turnaround Work", I have to own those judgements myself - I judged and invalidated Z. also. So the feeling of unconditional regard between us really warmed my heart. It is not a romantic or lustful feeling, better it is a higher, purer wholesome type of feeling.

.


It reminds me of how A Course in Miracles described a "Holy Relationship" - how two fully fulfilled people can get together without needs- "Each one has looked within and seen no lack. Accepting his completion, he would extend it
by joining another, whole as himself. He sees no difference between these selves, for differences are only of the body...therefore he looks on nothing he would take...
Think what difference a holy relationship can teach! Here is the belief in differences undone. Here is the faith in differences undone
shifted to sameness (Oneness, I would say). And here is a sight of differences shifted to vision."

I asked Z. why she thought that did not seem to be a sense of separation between us anymore? She replied it was because she has fully accepted herself now.



When we begin to accept ourselves exactly as we are,

experiencing the full content of each moment without conflict or resistance,

and join together around the world with others whose hearts are flowering,

the Light of Infinite Love will flood the Earth!


Sri Bhagavan

No comments: