Monday, September 21, 2009

Soothing to the soul & healing to the bone.

Pleasant words are sweet as honeycomb, soothing to the soul, and healing to the bone. Proverbs 16:24

Very close to my understanding...Whatever, as long as we apply them to our life...

So True! I have to keep reminding myself is that wherever anyone is - is perfect for them now! And never to react - only to gently respond unless silence is in order (usually it seems to be for me)

I agree Captain Ron, and I appreciate the way it seems to me that your words, "soothing" and "healing" elevate this scripture directly into the present. I have been dwelling on them and they are in the process of being fitted into place in my heart with your name in the footnotes. Now, I know, I need a measure of discipline to manifest and implement them.

"Students and the teachers are the same!" Thanks for role-modeling these healing words - that is the best teaching


Here is a quote from Brother David Steindl-Rast:
"Out-pouring and in-gathering, journey and home, are inseparably united in the dynamic reality of the heart."

No comments: