Sunday, August 26, 2007

Be A Blessing

We have God-given Free Will. This powerful truth means we can consciously choose to be a blessing or a curse to those around us and the world. However, moment to moment awareness of this truth means we need tools to change our old negative, fearful, victim type of thinking.
"It is only when the intellect is no longer obstructed by negative emotional reactions arising out of the experience of doubt and fear"(Ernest Holmes) that one can become a blessing to oneself and those around them.
How can we transform this "doubt and fear" to certainty and courage?
The Bible has wonderful verses that contradict victim-like thinking - one of my favorite is: "God did not give us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind." I recommend memorizing powerful verses like this and use it very often
like "Praying without Ceasing".
This is similar to meditation with a mantra, where one uses a powerful word or phrase over and over often combined with watching the breath. Examples of these "mantras" are as simple as LOVE, PEACE, JOY, or Be A Blessing. Like a lot of my friends, I have had a hard time with compulsive talking so I use "Need say nothing" over and over.

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 1John4:7

You a being blessed by every beneficent thought of any of your brothers anywhere. T,66

Divine Love, through me, blesses and multiplies all that I desire to give and all that I am willing to receive. (Unity affirmation)

Be Blessed & Be a Blessing, Ron

No comments: