Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sometimes I Go About Pitying Myself & Sometimes Accepting Myself

Sometimes I go about pitying myself,

and all the time I am being carried on

great winds across the sky.

(Chippewa, translated by Robert Bly)

My Goal is to spend much more time accepting myself:
Science of Mind magazine: When I look out in the world today and see all of the places where compassion seems to be lacking, it is tempting to think that the answer is simply to learn how to love each other more. But this is what we are already doing! We are all, in truth, loving each other to the exact degree that we love ourselves....The [problems] in the world are nothing less than our own self-loathing--rather than self loving--being projected onto others. So, where does one begin to turn it around and create a more compassionate world? Within!..[L]ove of self becomes the base from which you freely and compassionately love the world.... From Rev. David Alexander's "Philosophy in Action column

When we begin to accept ourselves exactly as we are,
experiencing the full content of each moment without conflict or resistance,
and join together around the world with others whose hearts are flowering,
the Light of Infinite Love will flood the Earth! - Michael Milner
\

It has taken me all my life to understand it is not necessary to understand everything.---- Rene Cotee

How can I unconditionally accept myself?
To accept and love the "unlovable' parts of me! To transform the inner tormentor to an inner comforter. To accept the help and healing of others! To have absolute belief (or to act "as if) in a higher Power and Its helpers - angels on earth and angels in Spirit! And to ask ALL for the help I need at the time. To live in the Now - to meditate with the breath and with mantras and do what it takes to get to the place of supreme Awareness where this is no thought! - only unconditional radiant bliss! No mistake, Ron

I have learned, though not always applied, that if I'm upset (unhappy) with another it has nothing to do with what I think they're radiating to me. It is MY unloving thoughts about them that make me unhappy. That's the best 'turn around' I've ever come across...for me. Susan Boles

My favorite Rumi Poem:

The Guest House
This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
As an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.
Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond

(translated by Coleman Barks)

No comments: